Article 7: MEETINGS and MEETING NOTICES
- Meetings of the entire membership of NASIMCO shall be known as "Conference".
- The Conference shall meet every year in the second quarter.
- The Conference shall be convened by the Executive Council.
- The Honorary Secretary shall notify members of the date and place at least ninety days before the Conference.
- Each member shall be entitled to add items to the agenda if submitted at least sixty days prior to the date of the Conference.
- The Honorary Secretary shall notify the members of the agenda of the Conference at least thirty days prior to the date of the Conference.
- At least ninety days prior to the convening of the Ordinary Conference and at least thirty days prior to the convening of the Extraordinary Conference, the Honorary Secretary shall when so directed by the Executive Council send a written notice to each member of NASIMCO. Such notice shall specify the date and place of the Conference and the agenda of the business set down by the Executive Council for the Conference.
- Such notice shall be deemed to have been properly given hereunder upon posting of the notice by airmail, facsimile or electronic mail to each member as its last known address as notified to the Secretariat by such member. It shall be the duty of each member to notify the Secretariat of any changes in its address and to ensure that the Secretariat has at all times the correct address of such member. No meeting of the Conference shall be rendered irregular by reason only of the non-receipt of such notice by any member where such notice has been duly given.
- All other Conferences shall be known as "Extraordinary Conference".
- The Extraordinary Conference may be called by
i. The Executive Council upon passing a resolution by two-thirds majority of the entire Executive Council stating the purpose of the Extraordinary Conference.
ii. A petition, stating the purpose of the Extraordinary Conference, signed by at least twenty five percent of the number of constituent members with current standing (no outstanding dues) and submitted to the Honorary Secretary.
- The Honorary Secretary shall notify the members of the said purpose of the Extraordinary Conference within thirty days of receiving the petition or the Executive Council resolution. The Honorary Secretary shall notify members the date and place of the meeting at least thirty days prior to the date of the Conference. The Extraordinary Conference shall be held within sixty days of members being notified of the Extraordinary Conference.
- Robert's Rules of Order shall be advisory in matters of procedures. However the Conference may adopt procedures based on its own motions for a given Conference.
- The chairperson of all meetings (Conferences, Executive Council, and Committees) shall have in deliberative matters a vote to break a tie.
- All Conferences and Executive Council meetings shall be open to constituent members and their memberships. However, the right to vote at all Conferences and Executive Council meetings shall be restricted to eligible voting constituent members.